Wednesday

Veil Of Shame Lifted

I fell upon my knees,
no longer worthy of your grace.

Why do you make me feel this way?
I gave you all I had.
I did all I could,
it wasn't good enough.

I thought you had tossed me aside,
but here I am.

Why keep me?
I have failed.

You whispered to me,
but I didn't hear.
You told me,
but I was not near.

Finally I heard your screams.
Heartfelt, I listen.
It was my last chance.

There it was shame,
What?
You didn't cause it?
I had it all wrong!


Self-inflicted and evil,
used as a tool.
I wasn't to blame,

nor were you..
Played as a fool,
cunning at his trade.
Had my heart in his vice.

Should have known,
there is no tree of shame.

Trapped like a caged animal,
wounded but whole,
you released me.

Trampled and down hearted,
you caused him to leave me.
But you picked me up.
You took me under your pinions,
lifted me back up
and set me high.

This guilt was not from you.
You love me.
And I love you.

Thank you,
Jehovah.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop Lacey a note...