Thursday

10 Guilty Pleasures....maybe I should keep them to myself..But...

1. Complete mind numbing TV. I really hate to admit this, but I do love it. I remember when I was little and was home alone, my mom would say "NO TV" until my chores were done. That TV was on the second I walked in from school, then mom convinced me that she knew when the TV had been on because it would be hot in the back (which I found out later she was LYING!) and so I would shut the TV off a good thirty minutes...well at least twenty minutes before she came home. I knew how much trouble I could get in...but frankly it was worth it to me...."Saved By The Bell", "The Flintstones", "Fraggle Rock". Well the past couple of years I have been trying to kick this guilty pleasure and gave up many of my adult favorites. You know them, all those reality talent shows,crime solving thriller and PBS Master Classics (not giving up PBS, by the way). Being a mom is much more fun!

2. Peanut butter! Yes folks I love my peanut butter. I never had it much until I was pregnant and I never ate apples much. I hated apples. Now peanut and apples are staples of the kitchen. When I was pregnant I couldn't get enough and I thought once I had the baby that craving would be over, WRONG!

3. OK, this one I usually don't tell anyone unless they really, really know me. I love Sir Mix-A-Lot, I Like Big Butts. Shhhh! Please don't tell anyone. Once I wanted went out with some sisters and we went to a CD store and I bought this. They put it into the CD player for about thirty seconds and took it out and handed it back to me. Everyone seemed to be staring at me like I had a third eye in my forehead and it seemed like the longest drive ever to go home. They never asked me to go out again. On the bright side, I still have the CD and when I want to dance, I dance! Oh and I think I know every word.

4. OK, it surprises me every time I bring up this movie and nobody has watch it. I am going on record as saying  Napoleon Dynamite IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER!. OK maybe that was dramatic, but that movie cracks me up from start to finish. I am sooo that girl who goes door-to-door selling bracelets and has a side business in her house. This movie always puts me in a great mood.

5. Accents.  Even when the guy is ugly or weird, if he has a British/English accent, I still find something attractive about them. Hugh Grant....need I say more. (But nothing beats my honeys voice and eye's!)

6. Watermelon and Star Fruit and not together. I could eat these food exclusively. One summer I ate watermelon and watermelon alone for like two months. Hubby thought I was never going to eat anything else again. I think he was worried I was going to stop cooking for him, haha!

7. Putting off chores. This is another one of those I am trying to overcome. It's not that I want to, it's just that I get so aggravated when one thing gets out of place that I just throw my hands up and then I obsess all day about it not getting done and when it gets done it is never good enough. I am a bit of a perfectionist.

8. I love to torture my husband. I am just downright mean. He hates snakes.  I will send him random pictures of snakes in striking poses, snakes hiding in toilets and videos of cobras playing with babies. I know I am cruel I just can't help it.

9. I could never live in a subdivision and I should always have blinds on my windows. I really hate clothes and shoes. If you knock on my door, give me a minute to get my affairs in order. LOL!

10. I am really, really cheap. My hubby said I am savvy. That is such a nice way to put it and so not true. I actually try to compete with my dad on bargains at the grocery store. I get it honest! We were arguing last night about who got the best deal on chicken! Yes arguing!!! Haha!


2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I love a good family, and I have to say that tormenting one's hubby is essential. I let that skill slip a bit and my spouse taught the dog to bite me on command! (think small fuzzy fun ... not danger.)
    Think I'll stick around and offer a little newbie to newbie support. Nice blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gene Pool Diva, I have become a fan of yours. It cracks me up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Drop Lacey a note...